Barbara Camaglia, CFP®, MBA, CPA, shares her nearly three decades of experience in Finance Planning with her clients. She created Legacy Financial Advisors LLC with the mission of helping you to achieve your goals despite marketing forces that may work against your interests and a lack of familiarity with the subject matter.
Barbara has been quoted by well-known financial columnists, her expertise has been featured in several national publications, and has been named a 5 Star Wealth Manager. Since 2010, she has consecutively been named as one of the best Financial Advisors For Physicians by Medical Economics®.
More about the President
Barbara Camaglia has BBA (Highest Honors) in Finance from Emory University and MBA (Accelerated Program) in Finance from Emory University. She became a CPA after sitting for the CPA exam in November 2000, scoring in the top 10 statewide. Barbara has been CFP® certificant since 1990 and a Certified Mutual Fund Specialist since 1992.
Barbara worked in Corporate Finance Planning at The Southern Company and what is now First Energy, authoring and running a financial model forecasting the cost of nuclear fuel for all the CAPCO companies, working with management consultants to develop an inventory control and cost accounting program for Perry Nuclear Power Plant and creating and testing cost of debt and equity models. Good corporate financial planning and good personal financial planning have much in common.
Barbara has been providing financial planning and investment management services for private clients and opened her practice to the public in 2004. While her practice accepts fewer new clients each year, she delights in helping people financially secure their lives and so strives to accept at least a few clients each year.
Leadership and Speaking Engagements
National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- President (2010-2011) and Chair (2011-2012) of Midwest Board
- National Board Member (2011-2012)
- Founder, NAPFA Midwest Speakers Bureau
- Appointed member, NAPFA Leadership Development Committee (2012-2015)
Ohio Society of CPAs
- Past chairman of Financial Planning Committee for Cleveland chapter
Annual NE Ohio Accounting Show of Ohio Society of CPAs
- Featured speaker & multi-year presenter. Topics included wealth management and college planning.
Ohio Public Employee Retirement System Seminars
- Presenter on financial planning, including investments, and estate planning for several years
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Personal Financial Planning Section and the Tax Section team. In Ohio, CPAs are required to have 40 hours per year of continuing education. The AICPA is an excellent partner in providing the latest tax information.
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Garrett Planning Network
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Ohio Society of CPAs
- Ed Slott’s Elite Advisor Group – past member for 2 years
Barbara has lived in the Cleveland area since 1982 so LFA is committed to NE Ohio. Her husband is a principal in a manufacturing company. Barbara and Fred have two grown children and a granddaughter. Stephanie is a 2007 cum laude graduate of Harvard University, a 2011 graduate of Case Western Reserve University Medical School and is an internal medicine physician. Stephanie’s husband, David is 2011 graduate of Case Western Reserve University Medical School and a General Surgery resident at Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Michael is 2011 graduate of Ohio State University Fisher School of Business and recent graduate of John Marshall Law School. Michael is actively involved in his businesses which include real estate.